Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lazy Paris Sunday...

Not much to report today, except I am providing a quick video tour of my host family's apartment!  For readers who are not my mom and dad, I apologize for constantly addressing my parents in the videos.  I appreciate everyone reading and commenting!  So here's the apartment, and quick looks at my granddad and grandmom, Jean-Charles et Anne.

I have a few other pictures to share as well, nothing of great importance.  Here is a picture of one side of the Centre-Pompidou, a huge library and modern art museum that is built with external escalators and plumbing on the outside.
This is a picture of some graffiti on my alley, which I posted video of in the previous post - but I really wanted to highlight this amazing piece of art on the wall.
And finally, this is a picture of a pie my grandpa made for me.  He made that shit from scratch.  So it's like lovely amazing flaky dough and then NUTELLA AND BANANAS.  I'm dying.  
I do not even know how he made it.  And this was supposedly part of a "quick" meal he whipped up for me because he and Anne were headed to a movie that night so we weren't going to eat dinner together.  He made me this awesome grilled cheese with little salami slices, gave me a couple choices of cheeses to eat with a fresh baguette, some leafy greens, and this pie.  I've never had a more satisfactory gustatory experience until I hit this freakin continent.

Classes start tomorrow! Will update on them soon. 

Peace, love, and Paris,
Rhiannon

3 comments:

  1. oh my god your host grandparents are SO precious! score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RHIANNON! all of it sounds amazing. the food, your cute little apartment, your host parents, trips, and new friends. i watched your video and almost cried at the sound of your voice and brief glimpse of you. omgomgomg please skype soon? love you mucho, have a great day of class :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your apartment. i also love amy's comment omgomgomg. i am going to have to steal that. i tried to skype at 6, 1 your time. you werent on. sorry it took me so long. i really wanted to see you. so many people i see tell me they are following your blog and loving it. my friends and your friends. i dont know why they dont comment. maybe they dont know how; like i didnt before you showed me how easy it is. you should mention how in one of your posts.
    keep posting, even if you think it is boring, we dont. everything to us is new and fun about you and your days. loves you mucho
    momma and bobba

    ReplyDelete